How To Make A Profit On Your Yard Sale

yard sale

As I price items for our community’s yard sale this weekend, I try not to think of the difference between the original price and the price I’m writing on the sticker. My primary goal with the yard sale is to get rid of some clutter, but the extra cash will be nice, too. While most of what I make will simply be recouping a small portion of money I already spent, I expect to make a true profit on some of the things I’m selling. Here are five ways to actually make money at a yard/garage/tag sale:

Sell things whose value has appreciated since you bought them: A typical yard sale at my house brings in about $100. My parents generally make much more at their yard sales. What

This entry was posted in Making Money. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to How To Make A Profit On Your Yard Sale

1. A Marino says:

I also think its important to place items for men out in front of the yard sale to get their attention. Some men just go along with their wives and some get bored umless they see something of interest to them. I also set out a box that says FREE. That usually gets people to stop who wouldn’t have before.

2. Mike D. says:

Donate all your yard sale items to charity and benefit from the tax write-off. It will save you a lot of time and you are more likely to do better.

3. A Marino says:

Some people take standard deductions and the tax write-off wouldn’t help them. Plus, it’s money in the hand and you don’t have to wait all year for it until you file your taxes. It can be profitable and whatever you have left over can be donated as well.

4. steph says:

you can put notes all around the block to get people to come to your yard sale

5. shay says:

Im haveing a yard sale today in 2hours sucks to be me

6. Betty says:

I had $1.34 in my bank account this morning and have had that for a week. I had a yard sale today and now I have almost 200. It was well worth the half day I spent on it.