How To Get Free & Discounted Movie Tickets

save money on movies

There is no need to spend a fortune to movie theaters since there are a number of easy ways to get movie tickets at a discount (and sometime for free). The main thing you need to do is always read the fine print on these tickets- While most are good at any time, some may have wait restrictions for newly released movies. Here is how you can get your movie tickets for below retail price:

AAA Automotive: Check AAA online. Through their site you can get tickets to Regal, United Artists and Edwards Theatres for $6 each in many areas of the US.

Costco Warehouse: You can get discount movie tickets online to Regal Theaters $7.50 per ticket when you purchase five.

Sam’s Club You can get di

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to How To Get Free & Discounted Movie Tickets

1. Teri says:

You forgot get a job at a theatre or get a friend who works at one. My hubby’s best buddy’s brother just started working at a theatre so they get in free all the time. My dh has been considering getting a PT job at the theatre since he is a movie fiend.

But in college we always went to the discount theatres. There was one just down the street that was something like $2 for a double feature. We would just spend the entire day there but about all our budgets allowed back then. Slightly older movies, but well worth it.

2. green says:

In my country, some theaters make competition with free tickets if you purchase one you get one free for your friend.

Some Mobile companies make campaigns to give away free tickets also.

3. mandy says:

Where I live, movie tickets are less than 7.50, and before 6 p.m. only 4.50 for adults. Lots of competiton here. Another source to get discounted tickets is through your local newspaper.

4. MoneyNing says:

In my opinion, going to those small theatres is just like watching the movie at home.

If you rent a movie, then it can be had for $1 per night via DVD kiosks like Red Box.

5. pf101 says:

Great tips. At one point I got put on the mailing list of the local theater so I would occasionally get emails offering tickets to advanced screenings. It was great. Movies in my area were $9.50 so going for free worked just fine for me and I definitely saw some movies I wouldn’t have paid to see. (EuroTrip comes to mind…)

6. Pingback: Titles: Putting The ‘Fun’ Back in Personal Finance | Rich Minx

7. A.J. says:

… and you can get a $6.00 Supersaver ticket (though not valid for the first two weeks of a new released) with a minimum purchase of 50 tickets.

8. Jessica M says:

Thank you very much for your help now i can go to the movies with discounted tickets. This website Rocks!!!!

9. Shannon says:

At my local AMC in Hamilton, NJ you can get discounted tix if you eat at the UNO’s pizza ahead of time and purchase tix there. The only thing is the movie has to have been out for at least two weeks…but $6 a tix no prob I can wait!

10. Robert says:

If you’re an employee in a large corporation, Check for employee discount programs. My employer offers discounted ticket prices to AMC and Regal theatres.

11. john says:

My company offers Working Advantage and we get discount movie tickets for most of the major movie chains, as well as tickets for theme parks and ski resorts.

12. Bob says:

Hey, great list! Keep in mind that Fandango offers free tickets for completing “affiliate offers” and some of those are free trials. Just read the fine print; if it’s a “free trial” you might still be charged after a month. Cancel before the month is out, and you’re home (or at the movies) free!

13. Jack says:

Movie theaters should do something clever like e-mail free tickets to sign-up members on days when they predict there will be low turn outs to certain showings. That way the movie rooms that would have been half empty will instead be packed full of attendants who might spend money on snacks.