Kiddie Tax

kiddie tax

I’ve been noticing a lot of confusion on the kiddie tax rules lately so figured it was time to break it down. Too many parents are deciding not to put a token amount of money in their kids’ name in fear of the “kiddie tax” when in reality this tax should only hit you if you are transferring significant assets to your children. At the basic level, the “kiddie tax rules” are a series of tax laws that prevent wealthy taxpayers from shifting investment’s to their kids’ names in order to avoid the higher tax rates of their parents.

There have been some recent law changes to the kiddie tax rules. In fact, they have been simplified a bit. The


[Continue Reading at]

This entry was posted in Taxes. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Kiddie Tax

  1. Pingback: Don't Mess With Taxes

  2. Pingback: Minimum Wage Increase & Tax Changes - Blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *