It’s that time of year again when it’s time to do a spring cleaning of your house. Before you take out the trash can and throw out everything you no longer need, consider these options that can earn you a bit of money while also helping out the earth by not adding to the landfills:
- eBay: Sell yourself or if you don’t have the time, locate a a trading assistant to do it for you.
- Craigslist: Especially useful for large items and items you aren’t sure will sell.
- Garage Sale: A fun family event that will clear everything out in a weekend.
- Donate: Take the stuff to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other similar store and get a tax right off next spring.
- Sell Directly: Certain items like books, CDs, DVDs and cell phones can be sold directly to stores for a bit of cash.
- Trade: Books, CDs, DVDs and the like can also be traded on many sites for ones that you want.
- Leave Outside: No money here, but it still keeps your stuff out of the landfill. Place “free stuff’ on it and leave it on the sidewalk in many areas and all the clutter will be gone in a day.
- Freecycle: Another option that won’t make you money, but will help the environment by keeping your unneeded items out of the dump.