Free Plants – From The Funeral Home

free flowersHold on and gain your breath. Before you discount this idea from the beginning simply from the title, bear with me on this one and know that this does work. Most people have to step out of their comfort zone and even those of you who consider yourselves outgoing, might feel a bit odd about using a funeral home as free plant source (one of the reasons I left it out of 10 Ways To Get Plants For Free).

One of the reasons that this is an excellent place to get free plants is because almost everyone has the same initial reaction as you did, but they leave it at that and don’t look at it a bit more closely. What that ultimately means is that in a nation where there is virtually competition f

This entry was posted in Housing. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Free Plants – From The Funeral Home

1. gloria s says:

I want to try, but there is just no way I could ever do it. Too creepy for me.

2. Marilyn says:

this sounds very interesting. I’ll let you know how it goes.

3. Leslie S says:

What the heck! No one is going to enjoy the plants anyway if I don’t at least try.

4. lenna says:

wow i don’t think i could have thought of that
    what a great idea although it reminds me of the adams family i think i like it

5. Alexandr says:

Hi! I enjoy reading your blog, and I like homework flowers and plants! I have my blog about “plants home“, as well as boards of the florist and lovers!
    Thank you!

6. Karen says:

Hi, This is Karen. This is the very first time I have ever even blogged or searched sites for financial support and positive feedback. My husband basically forced me to share on a blog as he calls me the queen of thrift. I am a friend who manages a nursing home. The local funeral homes beg her to take the plants that are left after funerals. She uses them at times but generally calls me and I get them. I dry them and make floral art, potpourri, wreaths etc… which I then give as gifts or sell I also use the dried seeds for planting flowers or filling in my
    wild flower field. One day when I was at walmart returning a palm tree plant that died I asked the clerk at the service desk if I could please have all the dead, dried pieces. I think she wanted to call the local looney bin. Yet I used those dried plant parts and designed a wreath for my home that gets so many compliments. Smell a flower today.

7. ddennis says:

can anyone refer me to an affordible florist in temple/belton tx area to buy for funeral?