Tips On Using

restaurant coupons offers gift certificates for restaurants, at discount prices. You can pay $10 for a $25 gift certificate or $3 for a $10 certificate.

Most people when they first hear about this wonderful find are a little skeptical. What is the catch? Well, like any coupons or rebates there are some catches. But overall if you eat out with coupons often, there’s nothing you will be too terribly surprised by.

Once you sign up and order your gift certificates, you simply print them out from your computer. This works out nicely when going out to dinner at the last-minute. Also, these certificates come with a number of restrictions, so my overall advice is to print one close to the date you need it; there’s no need to purchase and print out many ahead of time.

When the website first went live there weren’t many restaurants listed for our big city. For the most part, these gift certificates are for new restaurants trying to get established. However, today I just went through the local restaurant list and found 25 in my city, and not all of them are new, fledgling businesses. Variety seems to be improving with time.

Glancing at the $25 certificates, the restrictions generally are as follows. Just note that they vary by restaurant.

Minimum Purchase $35, excludes alcohol
Sometimes restricted to breakfast or lunch
Limit one (1) redemption per party, per month, per restaurant.
Limit one (1) dining certificate per redemption. Only one dining certificate can be used per party.
Dining certificates cannot be combined with any other restaurant certificates, third party certificates, coupons, or promotions.
Dining certificates cannot be used for taxes, tips or prior balances.
Valid for parties of two (2) or more
Valid for dine in only
Expires one (1) year from date of issue, except in California and where otherwise prohibited by law.

$10 gift certificates generally require a $15 minimum purchase.

We tried these out while our kids were particularly little and not eating much, and found that we would have to order an appetizer and drinks to get to the $35 minimum. Overall, instead of saving money, we were just getting more food for what we usually spent. With the resulting leftovers, this was not necessarily a bad deal. But now that our kids are older and we are more likely to order appetizers and/or kiddie meals for them, it does seem to be a better bargain. You can see from the restrictions that these discounts are more suited for a family or a hungry couple than for dining alone or going out for a night of food and drinks with friends.

Of course we are still waiting for the website to add more of our favorite restaurants. In the meantime, it is nice to enjoy a discount meal and try something new once in a while.

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Saving Money, Website. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tips On Using

1. frugalmomof1 says:

You can also Google coupon codes before ordering. They frequently offer discounts of 50% or 60% off your order.

2. Joan Middleton says: lures you in with a $25.00 coupon only to be connected to TrialPay and then to NetFlix. Someone else got the $25.00 coupon, I never received it even after I registered with TrialPay and NetFlix. Trying to resurrect the coupon was an effort in futility. I have unsubscribed from, but TrialPay and NetFlix do not offer that capability. Talk about being scammed.

3. Rita says:

I have a question about the minimum purchase requirements. The restaurant I’m looking at has a $35 minimum purchase – does that mean I have to spend $35 OUT OF POCKET and can then apply the certificate to any amount ABOVE that? Or, does it mean I can apply my certificate to my total bill as long as it comes to at least $35?

4. jarred says:

Think of it as a discount coupon instead of a “gift certificate”. You pay $6 for a $25 “gift certificate” which is valid if you order at least $35. If you subtract your out-of-pocket expense ($6) from the “gift certificate” ($25) you are left with essentially $19 off an order of $35 dollars or more. Depending on the total of the bill, it’s like getting 50% off or less.

5. Joan Middleton says:

Type your comment here. My issue is NOT about a discounted coupon. The offer on was a totally FREE $25.00 coupon and code. The offer then led you into and further into Someone else received the FREE $25.00 coupon. There is NO ‘Contact Us’ available on Netflix. They sent the first CD and as I was returning it they sent a threatening $20.00 invoice to return the first CD. I had already put their CD in the mail. Not a way to start a membership relationship.

6. rick says:

That sucks that you could find out how to contact netflix and then they immediately sent you a collection letter. I have had a lot of success with both companies. As long as you look at as a coupon for up to 50% off, it is a pretty nice deal. Netflix was generally pretty good with an issues that i had. If you can’t find a contact us button, there may be an email us or contact us with different capitalization.

Also, remember that the menu prices at may be out of date(if you are planning a carryout issue).

7. lindsey says:

How often can you buy coupons? I ordered some yesterday and not I can’t add any additional any items to my cart?

8. rick says:

You are allowed one gift certificate per restaurant per month.

9. Allen says:

They system sucks…..very poor on the instructions to print out certificate….the mandatory gratuity should insure great service which we DID NOT get.. Won’t return to Cheli’s or use the system again either. It was given to us as a gift certificate not a discount coupon….kinda misleading.

10. Jesse says:

They will email weekly with codes for 70-80% off the purchase price of the coupon. Otherwise it’s not worth it.