The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar

BurglarI had quite the interesting conversation this weekend with a person who happened to be a former burglar. It was great timing because I was wondering if something like the skid mark underwear for hiding money would really work. I also figured that if you wanted to know the best place to hide your money from a burglar, a former burglar was the person to ask.

I started off simply and was not surprised by the answer to the question “where is the best place to hide your money?”

“At the bank,” he said with a sly grin

When I rephrased and asked where the best place to hide money and valuables in the house would be if you had such items there, I was taken a bit by surprise b

This entry was posted in Saving Money, X Files. Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar

1. Rob says:

If banks start dropping left and right and the FDIC cannot pay up then I think we have much bigger issues to worry about. It wont matter where you keep your money if it’s no longer worth anything.

2. Rhonda says:

Who cares if there is a red flag. Its YOUR money. They can’t say you can not take out your own money. You may have to answer questions on why. I know this by personal experience. I will do what I want with my own money.

3. jstrada says:

Very interesting perspective. Thinking about home security as a burglar also works. Make sure that your home is protected in order to keep a burglar out of it in the first place. Of course, keep all your doors and windows locked. Cut back vegetation from your home. Install motion detector lights on both your front and back door. Consider installing a home security system in order to add an extra layer of protection.

Joe Strada

4. commander sloppy pants says:

Hide the loot in a box of frozen fish sticks. take half the product out and toss it. fill the rest up with your cash (inside a ziplock bag for protection) and reseal the fish sticks box with crazy glue so it looks kosher

5. mickey david says:

the number of burglaries traditionally spike in the summer months & i think ivis security systems are an excellent solution to deter burglars.

6. SB says:

yes, or a money addict

7. SB says:

I have one hell of a Wheaten Terrier, barks at everything, knows who is and isn’t friendly. I feel safe with a dog, I’m able to sleep at night. And my rottweiler, a beauty (doesn’t let anyone near the house, but loves my Wheaten)!!!!!