Five Investments Everyone Should Make

non typical investmentsThis will not be the typical list of investments you probably would think you’d find on a personal finance blog, but it gets really boring reading personal finance advice when it’s the same everywhere that you go. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. When doing research on the basics of personal finance, you want to get good, solid information that can help you and this quality information tends to be the same. That being said, sometimes it’s nice to hear some financial advice that you haven’t considered anyplace else. The following are non-typical investments that I think you should seriously consider for your finances that you probably haven’t ever heard

This entry was posted in Education, Investing, Personal Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Five Investments Everyone Should Make

1. Mike says:

It’s weird, but I am investing in domains right now. Just spent $2500 on a domain. Maybe I am crazy or a genius. Only time will tell. But then again, just making 10 per cent is a nice enough return ~$250 a year.

2. Ruby says:

Good advice, especially regarding investing in health because all else is useless if a person loses his health.

3. aviator says:

Couldn’t agree more about the health. When one loses health, one loses everything.

BTW, great web site, great advice. Keep up the good work!

4. Richard says:

Great site, I’ve been reading (via RSS) for a little while now and this post reminded me that I’ve been wanting to register my name for a while. I’m wondering which domain registrar/hosting you would recommend. Please get back to me by email ASAP! Thanks again for the great and helpful reading material.

Richard

5. SCapitalist says:

Great advice. Investing in your health offers priceless returns. I also like the investment in someone else. I am a firm believer in philanthropy, and whats a better way to contribute than with our time and expertise.

6. pfadvice says:

There are a lot of places that you can purchase domain names for less than $10. We use 1and1.com which charges $5.99 per domain I believe and have never had any problems with them.

7. Pingback: links for 2006-11-28 » Whatever’s Interesting

8. davis says:

I would also suggest investing in education. Not necessarily paid education, but always trying to improve yourself and learn more.

9. Pingback: Investing World Today » Festival of Investing

10. Pingback: Money and Finance Blog Carnival Tricks Exposed! » Silicon Valley Blog About Money

11. Richard says:

I took your advice and registered my name domain. I took it one step further by investing in someone else and getting my girlfriend her name domain for Christmas. Thanks!

12. Rachel says:

Where does one register a domain name?

13. Viola says:

Many places…I use http://www.godaddy.com All of my sites are registered there and I have also purchased my name as a domain quite some time ago.