50 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me

I started making this list a while back when others were making them and never got around to finishing it. Nate was doing some work on the blog and saw it saved and said that I should finish it. I have reservations and I’m wondering how many of you are going to be saying “what?!? I’ve been reading financial advice from him?” once you read the list. Somehow I don’t think this list is going to meld well with the image of a personal finance writer. Nate won out, however, so here are some things about me that you probably don’t want to know, but hey, it’s me…

1. I had a Mohawk in college – electric blue.

2. I still had the Mohawk when I atte

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 50 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me

1. Mike says:

Except for the blue mohawk I can relate to many things on your list.

2. I absolutely adored this list!

3. SCapitalist says:

Great post. I like #50. I hope you achieve your goal. I would love to do the same!

4. Wins says:

Hey, my first job out of college was with Hallmark Cards too! (But it’s in Hong Kong)

It’s weird but i really feel like i know you just from reading this blog. Are you from the Bay Area? I just came back in may and am in search for some new friends :)

5. mapgirl says:

Hi Jeffrey! I really liked this list. I don’t know when you did the redesign, but I think it looks fantastic!

The sponge answer is great. I think it must take people by surprise to remember that sponges are living creatures.

I also ask for a stamp if I don’t think they’ll give me one. But I haven’t gone anywhere in a long time where I would need a passport.

6. twins15 says:

I also played basketball in high school… that would have been an incredibly tough decision!

7. pfadvice says:

It was an incredibly difficult one and I don’t think I slept for a week while I tried to decide. The coach later told me that in 25 years he coached, I was the only person to ever quit – great coach. Still don’t regret it though. It’s where I learned my love of travel.

8. Jeremy says:

Haha, I just had to laugh at this one:

24. I never go for the closest spot in the parking lot. This drives my wife crazy.

I do the same thing and it drives my wife insane! But really, what reason is there to try to get a close spot? You end up spending all of your time sitting in a jam of cars waiting to get a close spot when you could have easily parked about 50 feet away and walked into the store already.

Then when you want to leave, you are out of the way of most of the people who are all trying to get spots, so exiting is a breeze.

Not to mention, we can all use a little extra exercise!

9. vsjhoc says:

Jeffrey – Thanks for sharing your personal info in the on-line world where many people hide and relish their anonymity.

You’ve had an interesting life. It’s always refreshing to meet people who took the paths less taken.

10. >>>35. One of the most profound points of wisdom came from a six year old girl who looked up at me and said “You’re tall. You must see the world much differently from me.

11. This was quite enjoyable! What a great way to learn more about each other in the blogosphere! It also appears you were quiet a clever chap throughout school! I was more one of those straight and narrow types (even to this day) who only on occasion strays beyond the lines. I should learn a thing or two from this list! :)

12. Dawn says:

LOL on the blue food and the magled language.

You didn’t happen to have a dog in the backseat with a neck cone on as well did you?

I’m impressed – 30 countries!

See, it’s comments about baseball cards and college education that make news and everyone thinks they can do it… way to go!

13. Kim says:

HAHAHA! This was a great list!

And I made the same “kawaisou” mistake ^^;;

14. Pingback: A Money Blogger’s 5 Deep Dark Secrets » Silicon Valley Blog About Money

15. Pingback: The Random Yak