Christmas Light Installer – Extra Holiday Money

extra holiday moneyIf you’re looking to make some extra money this holiday season, consider being a Christmas Light Installer. I did this a couple of seasons as a high school student and have a friend that still does it as an extra money earner during the holiday season. He brings in a five figure income for the 2 month period now that he has a regular clientele list. I sat down and talked with him and here are some basics that he passed on about what the job entails and what you need to do to help make it a successful season.

The Work: A Christmas light installer puts up the holiday lights on houses for people. There are also opportunities to earn money taking them down, cleaning gutters and hauling of

This entry was posted in Holidays, Making Money, Personal Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Christmas Light Installer – Extra Holiday Money

1. Grateful says:

Wonderful idea! I have passed this on to two friends who are currently unemployed, but willing to work.

2. Thad says:

This makes perfect sense. Most people are too busy to hang their own lights or don’t want to get hurt falling off of the ladder. Sounds like easy Christmas money; don’t tell my wife about this though. I’ll be spending the rest of my nights on a ladder hanging christmas lights!

http;//unlimitedchristmas.com

3. DivineMsn says:

I have never heard of this before. I guess I haven’t lived in the suburbs long enough. :)

4. Pingback: My Money Forest

5. Patrick says:

This is a very lucrative business, but a little more to it then just buying some lights at Costco and throwing them up on a roofline. Make more money by buying lights wholesale and selling them to your customers.
    Make sure you are up on the electrical issues, and haev liability insurance…just in case!

6. It’s a great business that I made money at from the first day. Over the last 5 years I’ve built my company up to making over $150K in a season.

It’s a great way to make a living, people are always happy to see you and you’re doing something that people want.

Of course you need insurance and to make sure you don’t violate electrical code, it’s nice to have an eye for color and design, but … in the end you are buying lights and putting them on people’s houses and trees … couldn’t be more simple.

7. ryan says:

to whom it concerns, this is a wonderful business opportunity however it is not as simple as grab some lights and put them up! customers have certain expectations about service business and it is people that see a quick buck that usually give the service industry as a whole a bad reputation!!! so before you go out and grab some lights and tell people you are a professional light installer please remember that some of us have spent years and years building up a good reputation for this industry

8. debbie says:

Is there anyone near Litchfield/Hudson NH willing to put my lights up?? Do I need the lights or is it supplied and in the cost of doing it??? thank you