Crater Of Diamonds – Search For Diamonds

I have a list of about 100 things I want to do and places I want to go that I look at every so often and add new things to it when I hear about things that interest me. My latest addition is to go digging for diamonds! Apparently there is a State Park in Arkansas where the public can go digging for diamonds for $6 a day and keep anything they find:

Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only diamond-producing site in the world where the public can search for diamonds. And the policy here is “finder’s keepers.” The diamonds you find are yours to keep.

Visitors search atop a 37-acre plowed field, the eroded surface of an ancient, gem-bearing volcanic pipe. Prospectors enter th

This entry was posted in Making Money, Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Crater Of Diamonds – Search For Diamonds

1. Jay Gatsby says:

I went to the Arkansas state park as a kid and dug for diamonds. It’s a complete waste of time. You have a better chance of finding a diamond walking along the average beach. A better idea would be to visit other extinct volcanoes to look for diamonds on your own.

2. Sky says:

Was this that show last night on the travel channel? I watched it to. They did another story about searching for gold in the Arizona desert with a metal detector. If you are looking to make money and not have to compete with a bunch of tourists on holiday looking for diamonds then perhaps the desert is the way to go.

3. ~dawn says:

What about parking lots on a hot day? Metal expands and diamonds drop out ALL THE TIME…. or so I’m told, hehe.

4. pfadvice says:

Yes, that was on the travel channel. Some interesting trips I would like to take.

5. Bluprint says:

Here is a story about a man that just found a nice sized diamond. I remember recently (in the past few months) a local story about alittle girl that found one, I don’t recall the size, but it was unusually large.

6. Mike says:

My wife said the best place to search is your local college or university. Seems as though she found her best “diamond in the rough” there. :-)