Free (and cheap) Movie Tickets

It’s hot here (107 degrees today) so we decided that we would take the afternoon to see a movie and to stay cool (you have to love the air conditioning in the movie theater on a day like today!) We used our $2 movie tickets we got through a Sunny D campaign which probably ended up saving us money since we didn’t use the air conditioner at all during the hottest part of the day.

When trying to keep within a budget and keep expenses down, entertainment can be an area that gets cut out due to the price. No doubt about it, going to the movies (especially the entire family) can get quite expensive these days. Here are a few ways that you can beat the heat and see your favorite movies

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Free (and cheap) Movie Tickets

1. Christopher Meisenzahl says:

Great info, thanks!

Chris

2. Andy says:

This is the same topic I was going to post on today. I’ve already taken advantage of the Johnnie Walker offer. I’ll have to do the Sunny D offer as well. I’ve found a couple more ways to get movie tickets for free. One is to sign up at reelsurveys.com. You can earn a free movie ticket (in the form of a Fandango code) every couple of weeks there. You have to watch about 40 trailers and fill out a 3 question survey for each to get a free ticket. May not be worth it for many people.

Another way to get free tickets is by becoming a mystery shopper. Certified Reports is one I have used. Where I live there isn’t always theatre mystery shops available but you would probably have more luck if you live in a major metropolitan area.

3. Stephen says:

There are some other ways to make going to the movie cheaper. Joining the movie clubs for the various theatres. I know AMC and Regal have them, and I’m sure the other chains do as well. By using your card, you get all kinds of deals, from free popcorn and drinks, to free tickets. Also there are free popcorn days and other specials. Also you can buy your ticket online without paying the service fee.

Another thing you can do is buy tickets from Costco. They have reduced price tickets. You can also buy the business rate, where you buy in bulk and it works out to be a significant savings.

4. Celeste says:

Do you have any Sunny D forms left? If so, can you send me two? I know they expire 8/31, but I would like to get in on it and cound not find any forms in the stores I frequent.

5. pfadvice says:

Apologies…had all the ones I had claimed. Good luck in finding some…

6. Carla says:

This information was so helpful to me in writing an article about saving money at the movie theatre. Thanks so much!

~Carla

7. Deborah says:

The prices of movies has just gotten ridiculous. I took myself, and my two daughters to see “Enchanted” over the holidays. $24.00. Unbelievable, because one of my kids is 3 years old. The prices should at least be based on age. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you. I never knew that you could actually win or get those things for free. I will try them all. Thanks again.

8. Crytal Hamrick says:

Thanks – I wiould love to get free tickets, we are in the same place as most middle class american families – broke with kids!!

Please send me ways to keep my family entertained during the summer for as cheap as possible – i will also pass on the savings I find!!

Much appreciated –
    Family of five – the hamfam!!

9. Francis says:

Yes i would like official order form if you have one left, i have too Kids 3 year old and a 14 year old and the cost is just crazy getting.

Thanks