Coupon Newbie Begins

As I mentioned last week, I am going to see if a total non coupon person can really get great savings by using coupons with the help of a coupon expert. So I turned to Flash for some advice and this is what she gave me:

Join a coupon train. The train itself does not come around for at least another week, depending where you are on the route. By then you will also have your own newspaper inserts and whatever else you find around the store, by contacting manufacturers, etc. The coupon train itself is usually 200 – 400 coupons, although a few trains are getting pretty heavy, so there are lots to choose from.

I have not done this yet. It was a fairly busy week last week and I want to ge

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Coupon Newbie Begins

1. Jill says:

You may want to double check- I use coupons at Whole Foods all of the time! They even have books at Customer Service, called Mambo Sprouts, that are filled with coupons.

2. pfadvice says:

Thank you. Will certainly do – took the word of an acquaintance that said that about Whole Foods. Keeping fingers crossed on that and will make a trip there this evening.

3. Chris Meisenzahl says:

Good ideas, thanks! We used to use coupons more often, but in the last few years the number and quality of them has dropped off imho.

Chris

4. Doug says:

You should check out http://www.grocerygame.com since she matches the circular sales to the coupons to save you the highest percentage. The monthly fee pays for itself with all of the savings.

5. Jonathan says:

Thought you were in Japan, Jeff? Are you back now?

6. pfadvice says:

Thought you were in Japan, Jeff? Are you back now?

Yep, been back about a month…

7. Sky says:

My wife is from Thailand, and in her country coupons do not exist. She is so fascinated by coupons that she has a little collection, even for things she does not need. As a good bachelor I was never into coupons or sales and I was very amazed one day when we were at Walgreens and she bought 2 half gallons of orange juice and 2 bottles of spaghetti sauce for 68 cents.

8. Jonathan says: