To Do List – Daily Financial Challenge

make a to do listA man named Ivy Lee once had a conversation about procrastination with Charles Schwab. He explained that if managers and executives would simply make a list of the six most important things to do each day and focus on completing this list above all else, it would eliminate procrastination and ultimately result in better performance and savings. While Lee’s idea was geared toward business, it works with the same effect when applied to your personal life.

Although people don’t usually consider the consequences of procrastination on their finances, procrastination can be a huge money wasting source in your life.

As with most issues when you’re starting off, it’s better

This entry was posted in Personal Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to To Do List – Daily Financial Challenge

1. brcmapgirl says:

My favorite house cleaning tip is to do it for 15 minutes and stop if you feel like stopping. Most people keep going, but if you really hate doing housework, 15 minutes a day on an egg timer will help keep you going. I like old-fashioned ticking ones that keep me going at a fast pace. Every once in a while, it’s the right kick in the pants to get things done.

2. jessica says:

this is a little like flylady (www.flylady.net)–i visited the site to get organized in my home and it turns out that it does have an affect on my finances.

3. ski says:

I like being able to cross off the task when it is completed. I use the Task part of my Outlook on a daily basis for work related items. I have been wanting to use it at home as well.

4. Mike says:

I do the same as ski. Although, I think 6 things is a lot. Just 3 top things would be more practical.

5. LR Johnson says:

A much too timely piece for me! I have a couple of things I have been procrastinating-I’ve taken baby steps but need to get over the hump.

6. Pingback: davemessina.net » Blog Archive » links for 2006-05-09

7. A Marino says:

I enjoy Flylady’s website as well. She has a day of the week called ANTI-PRECRASTINATION DAY (Wednesday). You choose a task or chore that you have been putting off. I would make sure that I had all necessary items to complete the task the day before. I have never had something that worked as well as this. I was amazed at the amount of tasks that I accomplished in a few weeks time that I had been putting off for the longest time and feeling guilty about not doing it.