More Hello Kitty Catch 22

Hello Kitty piled to the ceiling
Hello Kitty piled to the ceiling

I really didn’t want to get into more detail about the entire Hello Kitty business because, let’s face it, it forces me to reveal that I know more about Hello Kitty than is healthy for any grown man to know (how many men do you know that can name all the members of Hello Kitty’s family, when she was born or how to tell her apart from her twin sister Mimmy?) Furthermore, all my ads here are going to start being for Hello Kitty related websites & items and that really will be depressing.

Before I get into how my wife turned her hobby into a business, I request that people don’t use words like “inspiring” in the commen

This entry was posted in Making Money, Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to More Hello Kitty Catch 22

1. Cap says:

oh man. lol. hello kitty vibrators.

great post. being able to enjoy what you do is definitely a plus.

2. John OMM says:

Thanks for the great post. I do a small amount of business selling hobby items on Ebay too, and I enjoyed reading how your wife got into selling and how she keeps her costs down and profits up.

3. MoneyDummy says:

Inspiring! Simply inspiring! ;+)

4. frank says:

wow. $2000/month, I dunno. What is my sanity worth?

5. ~Dawn says:

That was fun to read, and most inlightening
    I think I would go stir crazy with those in my house.

6. Mike says:

Great story!

7. SingleMom says:

Shoulder massagers huh? I’ve always liked Hello Kitty. Hmmm…

*off to search Ebay*

8. lpkitten says:

dang i’m in the wrong business. thanks for the good laugh.

9. Pingback: Money Dummy » Blog Archive » Dear Money Dummy: Are you a loser?

10. AmDollar says:

Great business ideas! I love the hello kitty frying pan! Lol…classic

11. GaryP says:

Great post! My wife loves to do cross stich ( http://onthedryside.blogspot.com/ ) but I have not figured out a way to turn that into a hobby-business.

I am travelling to Tokyo at the end of the month and my 8 year old has already made sure that I know I need to bring back some Hello Kitty stuff for her.

12. makingourway says:

Thanks for sharing that with us Jeffrey.
    It’s alot of fun to learn how people are making money – especially profitting from their hobbies.

My wife and I enjoy antiques and have often thought about going into the business. How did you decide to leave it?

Thanks,

Making Our Way

13. pfadvice says:

I saw much more potential with the websites in the long run. Reasons For Taking The Plunge

14. Marissa says:

LOL! she’d go crazy at St. Jack’s (local clothing manufacturer) they have a Sanrio license and produce all kinds of HK clothing….at prices for the local market, a kid’s pajamas are ~$13-~$17….unless you get them at their “special price festival” twice a year….when you can find them at 50% off (or cheaper, depending on whether the design is this year’s or last’s!)

15. amanda says:

I was wondering if you still have any of these panacake makers? I would like to get one for my friend.

16. shun says:

Hi, do you still have the hello kitty pancake maker available? It’s so cute, and I’d like to get one for myself. Thanks!

17. esther says:

i want to know how or where i could buy a pancake maker.my daughter is turnng three and she is having a hello kitty party sunday and every morning she eats pancakes.thought hello kitty ones would be cute

18. pfadvice says:

Your best bet would be looking on eBay