I just finished up an article on the
main site about some simple steps
you can take to help avoid
a tax audit
1. Make sure all the math calculations
on your return are correct
2. Be sure to sign your tax return.
3. Be sure to fill out form 4868 to get
an extension if you can’t file on time.
4. If reporting income on your tax form that differes from your income statements, explain why.
5. Be proactive and write a thorough explanation if there is something significantly different on this year’s tax return compared to previous years.
There are also certain forms that if you fill out will increase your likelihood of being audited. This doesn’t means you should n...